SEPTEMBER 7, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
ARIZONA HIDTA TRAINING CENTER
5350 North 48th Street, Suite 105, Chandler, AZ 85226
AZ POST Accredited – No Cost
Course Description: The ADRA is bringing together drug prevention, law enforcement and the public to address the urgent need to work with communities, the public, and law enforcement on educating communities and parents about the health and societal costs and consequences of substance abuse. The Stronger Together learning collaborative employs substance abuse prevention practices that are evidence-informed and results-driven. The collaborative involves making positive systematic progress; learning from theory about what works, implementing those practices in a comprehensive manner and resolving local substance abuse problems.
Agenda items for this training include:
• Marijuana legalization in Colorado, California and Nevada and its unintended consequences for Arizona
• Opioids – Classroom activity to help middle and high school students understand the current public health crisis – Promotes critical thinking, prevention and education and is standards based
• Over Prescribed – The prescriber’s role in fighting the prescription drug epidemic plus new statewide rules and healthcare initiatives to curb overprescribing
• STRESSED! – Classroom activity – Help middle and high school students understand how the body responds to stress— and healthy ways to cope
• Meth360 – A community education tool to raise awareness
Who Should Attend: School Resource Officers, those involved with Community Policing, anyone in Law Enforcement who comes into contact with the public on issues regarding safety or public health.
Continuing Education Hours: This course has been determined to qualify for AZ POST continuing training credit.
Dress Code: Uniform or Business Casual
Lodging: Students are responsible for their own hotel and per diem costs. Hotel information will be included with the confirmation email.
Registration Limitations: Each agency is limited to five approved attendees. Substitutions for confirmed attendees are not permitted.
Apply for Training: To register, visit www.azhidta.org – Click Training – View Training Calendar – Locate the event and Apply for Training.
Training Executive Assistant, Sara Ayres at email@example.com or 602-845-1984 or
Training Director, Tom Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-845-1983.