REFUGEE INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER NETWORK OF TUCSON (RISP-Net)
Meeting of January 24, 2017
12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Meetings held at Patrick Hardesty Multi-Center, 1100 S. Alvernon, unless otherwise noted.
The purpose of the Refugee Integrated Service Provider Network of Tucson (RISP-Net) is to illuminate the issues impacting the successful acculturation of refugee families in Tucson, Arizona, and to work collaboratively for positive systems change.
RISP-Net has the following goals:
1) To increase collaboration and communication among systems with a stake in the successful acculturation of refugees in Tucson, AZ
2) To identify needs and issues impacting refugees’ effective utilization of/access to services and advocate for the removal of barriers
3) To reinforce strengths that refugees bring to this country and promote opportunities for them to express those strengths
4) To share information and lessons learned at local, regional, and national levels
5) To locate sources of funding to address identified needs and support each other to bring in new resources
6) To bring the voices of refugees to the table